If you want to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose. When you wake up, you can’t just wait to see what kind of day you’ll have. You have to decide what kind of day you’ll have. ~ Joel Osteen
There are happy days but there are also unhappy ones. It’s true that we cannot control some things.
As for me, it’s all about my mindset. When I wake up in the morning, I always thank Him for a brand new day. For me, being able to open my eyes in the morning is a wonderful gift that is too precious to be wasted. It doesn’t deserve to be ruined by negative things and negative people. (Don’t get me wrong, I respect people who are very pessimistic. They have their own reason for it.)
No, my life isn’t perfect. It is not always sunshine. I have my own share of rainy days. But it’s not all about what happened, it’s how I respond to it. I always believe that happiness is a choice.
Here’s what I do…
- Expect less. There are days that bring good news but there are also some that bring bad news. As much as I want to look forward to something great and good in everyday but it only disappoints me if things doesn’t go the way I expected. Therefore I learned to expect less and not to put a picture on my head. It is better to be surprised than to be disappointed.
- Don’t recycle the past. Free your heart from hatred. Holding grudges brings us drama and negative vibes. When I learned to let go, something better comes my way.
- Stop worrying. Worrying steals happiness. It prevents us from enjoying things today. I’m learning to have faith that things will work out, maybe not how I planned, but just how it’s meant to be.
- Complain less, appreciate more. As you were reading this, think of something good that you have yet other people don’t have. You must be very blessed. In my case, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth, my parents broke up, my sisters got pregnant at the same time at an early age… but I learned not to complain. I learned to see the beauty in everything and appreciate it.
- Frown less, smile more. Keep smiling and one day life will get tired of upsetting you. 🙂 Smile. Why? Because it makes you attractive, it changes your mood, it relieves stress, and it helps you stay positive.
It’s not that my life has been easy, perfect or exactly as I expected. I just choose to be HAPPY and GRATEFUL no matter how it all turns out. 🙂
Thanks for reading ’til here. Think happy and be happy!
Love & blessings!