Don’t be a tourist. Be a traveler!
As promised, a post about our Camotes island adventure. 🙂
Alright, so we caught the 8:30 ride going to Consuelo Port. While waiting for our ride, here’s some shots we had.
Did you see the excited faces?
And of course, picture upon arrival. This is Abby’s first time to set foot on the island. She was very excited that she didn’t have a wink the previous night.
We were met by our tour guide who was also the girls’ driver — Kuya James. Then we proceed to check in in BellaVista Mare Resort. Abby and Louise chose to stay in a tent instead of renting a room. It’s a practical choice anyway.
After leaving our bags in our room, we immediately started our island tour.
- First stop is Baywalk, where we eat our lunch. It is located in the town of San Francisco. Their local market is there, too.
- After eating lunch and taking some photos at the park, our next stop is Buho Rock. This is where Ace, Louise and Abby jumped a 30ft cliff. I didn’t do it because I couldn’t rely on my swimming skills. tehehe
Here’s the three of them getting ready for their jump.
- Abby and Louise still had their energy level up after jumping the cliff, and I was still catching my breath for climbing that stairs…we moved to Timubo Cave.
Did you see the shining stalactites and stalagmites? It’s very nice that they were preserved.
At the bottom of the cave (it’s going downwards), there’s a water which is 5ft deep when low tide and 6-7ft when high tide.
There were stories about the water inside the cave healing illness. 🙂 I told Abby to take a dip so her heartache will be healed. LOL
- Next stop is Lake Danao Park. We had so much fun here. We had our kayaking experience and toured Kanlingiw Garden and Pool.
Kayaking time…Let’s see…
We were supposed to have horse back riding after kayaking, but we ran out of time. We needed to chase the sunset. 🙂
- Nest stop is Paraiso Cave. Paraiso means “paradise” in English.
There is also a mini pool inside this Paraiso Cave, but we decide not to stay long because the sun is almost setting and we think, the water inside is not natural like the one in Timubo cave. 🙂
- Our next destination is watching the sunset at Mangodlong Rock Resort. We came on the right time. The sun was about to set. So while waiting…let us relax our body.
After we had relaxed our exhausted bodies, it’s time to play. By play, I mean jump-shot…please… We tried the jumpshot for nth time but all failed. Hahah
After trying to perfect our jump-shot we decided to give up. But wait, here’s Ace trying to carry me with the sunset background. I’m so proud of him because he was able to bear my weight. LOL
After watching the sunset, we went back to our resort for dinner. We planned to have night swimming my it’s a low tide, so we decided to change to some clean clothes and relax in the girls’ tent. They set up their tent by the beach. At first Ace and I were a bit worried for their safety but we saw that there were many people who are sleeping on tents, too, so that’s a relief.
It’s dark because there was a power outage that lasted for 4 hours. But some stores by the beach do have their generators.
I lied on the sand while listening to the people who had karaoke sessions in the nearby restaurants. Because of the day’s activity, I eventually fell asleep. I woke up with Ace in front of me, watching me sleeping and the ladies were already snoring inside their tent. LOL. We didn’t wake them up anymore. We went back to our room. 🙂
It was indeed a beautiful day for us! And the next day was surely another fun day.
Stay tuned for Day 2. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed our Camotes Island Adventure. ‘Til our next travel… 🙂